Here you will find a list of Moovweb terms you may encounter when using the Moovweb technology and exploring the documentation.
- Control Center
- Found at console.moovweb.com, the Control Center allows you to manage the live and preview modes of a project. A Control Center project represents a source site that is transformed through the Moovweb servers.
- Developer Dashboard
- Project Generator
- The aspect of the Developer Dashboard where you can define and download a set of project files for transforming a source web site. This can be found as a modal popup from the Developer Dashboard, or accessed through the online application at generator.moovweb.com.
- Host Variable
- This is the Moovweb-controlled variable that is often used to vary the subdomain of a deployed site. We express this in projects with the “$” special character in the host maps of the moov_config.json configuration file. At runtime the “$” gets replaced with the host variable defined in the Control Center.
- A code organization feature that allows you to create different experiences within a single project. A common use might be to create desktop and mobile layers to enhance a common site with custom experiences.
- Each mode presents a unique experience for a site. Every Control Center project has at least one live mode and may have many preview modes. In future versions, a single Control Center project may have more than one live mode, and deployment management features will allow you to define which live mode a particular visitor will experience.
- Source Site
- An unmodified website which will be transformed live to support new experiences through the Moovweb platform.
- A production transformation engine in the Moovweb cloud that powers transformations for a single source site. Each source site to be transformed must have a t.engine.